A 6 mm thick cement backerboard for tile and stone, to be used as an alternative to plywood for tiling on floors and countertops.
HardieBacker 6mm is a water-resistant, cement backerboard for tile that is installed over an existing timber floor. It is the product you want to use to ensure your job will last. A good tile job begins with using the right materials, and when tiling onto a floor in a wet area, there are a few important things to consider.
- HardieBacker is made out of cement, and allows for proper bonding of the board and tile. It does not rot, swell, or delaminate like plywood even in the wettest conditions.
- HardieBacker is appropriate for all types of tile, including vinyl, ceramic and natural stone.
- HardieBacker comes in the 6mm size to help minimize the transition between floors.
- HardieBacker is lightweight and easy to cut with a single score and snap.
- HardieBacker call be installed in conjunction with underfloor heating.
HardieBacker 6mm can also be used on masonry wall applications with a maximum load carrying weight of 100kg/m2.
If you require our specialist cutting services, please call or email us for a quote as you may incur extra charges.